United Way 2-1-1
- provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
Department of Community Affairs
- The Georgia DCA partners with local communities across the state to provide a variety of programs and assistance that benefit and help secure the success of the community.
Social Security Online
- Individuals can; apply for benefits, verify qualification to receive benefits, estimate future benefits, update your personal contact information, get a replacement card, request proof of income letter. Businesses can; report wages, verify Social Security numbers, submit records.
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- TANF cash assistance is a program providing temporary financial assistance to needy families. Eligibility for TANF cash assistance is determined by evaluating specific nonfinancial and financial criteria established by federal and state regulations.
Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS)
- part of DHS that investigates child abuse; finds foster homes for abused and neglected children; helps low income, out-of-work parents get back on their feet; assists with childcare costs for low income parents who are working or in job training; and provides numerous support services and innovative programs to help troubled families
- provides free, unbiased and factual information and assistance to Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries and their caregivers about Medicare, Medicaid and related health insurance issues including Long-Term Care insurance, prescription drug assistance programs and Medicare fraud, error and abuse.